View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2019, 07:46 AM
RPT Newbie

I just finished my landscape project. I did a lot of research and planning to get right palms with easy to maintenance. The canary island date palm and the malayan coconut palms are great for Dallas areas. I made the mini investment for the landscape lighting that really brings it all together. I learned that the lighting will also act as heater for your plants if the temps go below 25. In between the canaries and coconuts I added Macarthur's to fill in the rest. Christmas Palms are really nice too. they both look relatively similar I went with the Macarthur because they get a bit taller. What are those are in the picture above surrounding the wooden deck pool/jacuzzi? They look a lot like the Christmas but I'm not sure. A few tips for the wise I was able to save a few bucks by hiring my landscaper in November versus the spring summer months because they have less work and more free time in the winter months. I found that drawing my own rendering saved a lot of time and the landscaper had a clear picture of placement and what I wanted done etc. Also a little secret get a truck load of dark soil delivered. I called silver creek materials they delivered a truck load and that's what we used to plant the palms in versus the original soil that they dug there's so much acidity in the soil here its better to replace with good soil. I know that's why my palms look so gorgeous -lots of luck!

Last edited by Fiona S; November 26th, 2019 at 08:05 AM.